GAME DAY AND EVENT SUPERVISOR – PERMANENT PART TIME (3 DAY WEEK)
The Ipswich Jets, one of the Queensland’s premier sporting clubs, is looking for a dynamic and proactive Game Day and Event Supervisor to join the team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be accountable for leading and managing the events we put on as a club through the year, across every aspect. Whilst these are established events, there is much room to put your own stamp and creativity on these. In addition, you will be responsible for looking after and overseeing everything around Game Day during the season (approx. 10 Rugby League home games plus trials, Feb to September), including staffing, canteen, corporate hospitality, canbar, gate etc. Finally, you will be responsible for merchandise, and everything relating to that.
The Ipswich Jets compete in the Queensland state-wide Hostplus Cup competition and also compete in the Hart Sapphire Series Netball competition, so your role will cover both.
There is no doubt you will be given the opportunity to make a big difference within the community, the region and in sport!
About The Role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Achieve, exceed and understand all budget lines specifically relating to your role which includes but not limited to Game Day, Events and Merchandise.
- Plan and execute all aspects of events and game day from start to finish (which will require you to be in attendance, so some weekend work is required).
- Reconcile all accounts relating to your activities accurately
- Act on and adhere to all money handling processes
- Liaise with all relevant inhouse departments effectively.
- Create or adhere to current processes and policies
- Control merchandise spend, activations, sale opportunities and inventory
- Work with our accountants in respect to end of month reporting
- Build strong relationships with partners, community, players, staff and brand to enable you to do your job
About You – Essential Criteria
- Previous experience in an Event Manager or similar role
- Demonstrated experience using organisational skills
- Budget Awareness
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
- Innovative and creative in delivering engaging activations or events
- Strong work ethic and experience in working in a high performance culture
- Understanding the importance of high standard administration, statistics, analytics and reporting.
Please note – we do appreciate that few people will have experience in the area of game day operations, but we will fully train you, plus the skills required mainly revolve around organisation, communication and priotisation.
- High quality written, verbal and relationship building skills
- Highly proficient knowledge of all Microsoft programs.
- Sport industry knowledge, including an understanding of the rugby league landscape is preferred but not essential.
The Ipswich Jets have become the club that leads the way. We do not follow; we set the standards and benchmarks that others aspire to. A lot of work has been done in recent years to get to this point, so you need to be ready to hit the ground running and build on this. We do not stand still, always moving forward, and so your attitude and ethic, needs to reflect the same.
If this role sounds perfect for you then apply now! This role is salary based permanent part time (Three Days a week – Tuesday. Thursday and Friday) and due to the nature of the industry and role, some weekend work during the season (February to September) is expected, as is the occasional night we have events (although most happen within Game Days). Any hours incurred on weekend or on nighttime events outside of work hours, will be done so within an Individual Flexibility Agreement (IFA), which will accrue those hours, to be taken as time in lieu, during the month of October.
Please submit your resume, as well as a cover letter of no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27 October 2023. Please note that attention to detail is vital to this role and starts from the application process.
This is a three-stage process. Only suitable applicants who have followed the process outlined above will be contacted for further information, with shortlisted applicants then being asked along to an interview.